BEGINNING WITH HIM … JUNE, 2009
A note from doug:
From time to time, at the beginning of the month, I like to send out a compilation message of various items I…ve accumulated over time.
* * *
45 RULES OF LIFE
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
“To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I’ve ever written.
1. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don’t worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time enough time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative (dying young).
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside, every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
* * *
There is no oil, if Olives are not squeezed…
No wine, if Grapes are not pressed…
No perfume, if Flowers are not crushed…
Have You felt any pressure in life today?
God is just bringing out the Best in you!
* * *
A BIT OF BIBLICAL HUMOUR
Q. What kind of man was Boaz before he married Ruth?
Q. What do they call pastors in Germany ?
A. German Shepherds.
Q. Who was the greatest financier in the Bible?
A. Noah He was floating his stock while everyone else was in liquidation.
Q. Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
A. Pharaoh’s daughter. She went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little prophet.
Q. What kind of motor vehicles are in the Bible?
A. Jehovah drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden in a Fury. David’s Triumph was heard throughout the land. Also, probably a Honda, because the apostles were all in one Accord.
Q.. Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible?
A. Samson. He brought the house down.
Q. What excuse did Adam give to his children as to why he no longer lived in Eden ?
A. Your mother ate us out of house and home.
Q. Which servant of God was the most flagrant lawbreaker in the Bible?
A. Moses. He broke all 10 commandments at once.
Q. Which area of Palestine was especially wealthy?
A. The area around Jordan…. The banks were always overflowing.
Q. Who is the greatest babysitter mentioned in the Bible
A. David. He rocked Goliath to a very deep sleep.
Q. Which Bible character had no parents?
A. Joshua, son of Nun.
Q. Why didn’t they play cards on the Ark ?
A. Because Noah was standing on the deck. ( Groan…)
PS. Did you know it’s a sin for a woman to make coffee?
Yup, it’s in the Bible. It says . .. ‘He-brews’
* * *
OTHER BITS OF …WISDOM…
Forget health foods … I need all the preservatives I can get!
If there is no chocolate in heaven … I…m not going!!
As you get older, your secrets are safe with friends because they can…t remember them either
I would be unstoppable. If I could just get started.
The quickest way for a parent to get a child…s attention is to sit down and look comfortable.
My wild oats have turned into prunes and All-Bran.
You can…t stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
Gone crazy … back soon!
I live in my own little world. But it…s OK … they know me here.
If you leave me, can I come too?
* * *
Without GOD our week would be:
Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday & Shatterday.
* * *
A MUST SEE VIDEO
This is a video of a very interesting person who has a unique view of life: http://www.4marks.com/videos/details.html?video_id=723
Here is a YouTube video of his testimony: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAuxxrJIks
Here are 3 YouTube videos of one of his inspirational speaches:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo_24_qTNac
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bL3GR4iAW0
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O6OluBxGtM
There are other YouTube videos of his motivational speeches available as well.
Here are two of his websites: http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/ and http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/
* * *
I would like to thank all of you for allowing me to perform this ministry. I have enjoyed it greatly. I pray that you, and your loved ones, will continue to enjoy it.
God Bless All of You!
Have a blessed day!
— doug boebinger
— The Entire “Staff” of E-Mail Ministry
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><