BEGINNING WITH HIM … OCTOBER, 2010
A note from doug:
From time to time, at the beginning of the month, I like to send out a compilation message of various items I…ve accumulated over time.
God has blessed this ministry thru the generousity of a few and a very generous donation of one. Therefore, this ministry will be able to continue until at least the end of the year.
2011 brings a new year and, prayfully, a new beginning for E-Mail Ministry.
E-Mail Ministry is trying to reach others through social networking.
E-Mail Ministry has a Facebook Fan Page (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Anywhere-Around-the-World/E-Mail-Ministry/146699155358855). If you are on Facebook, please go to this web page and click “Like” and then tell all your friends on Facebook.
E-Mail Ministry also has a Twitter page (http://api.twitter.com/EMailMinistry). If you are on Twitter, please go to this web page and “Follow” and then re-tweet the posts to all your followers.
* * *
JUST 27 WORDS
‘God our Father, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus name, Amen.’
* * *
CHRISTIAN ONE LINERS
* Don’t let your worries get the best of you; Remember, Moses started out as a basket case.
* Some people are kind, polite, and sweet-spirited Until you try to sit in their pews.
* Many folks want to serve God, but only as advisers.
* It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.
* The good Lord didn’t create anything without a purpose, but mosquitoes come close.
* When you get to your wit’s end, you’ll find God lives there.
* People are funny; they want the front of the bus, middle of the road, and back of the church.
* Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on the front door forever.
* Quit griping about your church; if it was perfect, you couldn’t belong.
* If a church wants a better pastor, it only needs to pray for the one it has.
* God Himself doesn’t propose to judge a man until he is dead. So why should you?
* Some minds are like concrete, thoroughly mixed up and permanently set.
* Peace starts with a smile.
* I don’t know why some people change churches; What difference does it make which one you stay home from?
* A lot of church members singing ‘Standing on the Promises’are just sitting on the premises.
* Be ye fishers of men. You catch ’em – He’ll clean ’em.
* Stop, Drop, and Roll won’t work in Hell.
* Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.
* Don’t put a question mark where God put a period.
* Forbidden fruits create many jams.
* God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called.
* God grades on the cross, not the curve.
* God loves everyone, but probably prefers ‘fruits of the spirit’ over ‘religious nuts!’
* God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
* He who angers you, controls you!
* If God is your Co-pilot, swap seats!
* Prayer: Don’t give God instructions, just report for duty!
* The task ahead of us is never as great as the Power behind us.
* The Will of God never takes you to where the Grace of God will not protect you.
* We don’t change the message, the message changes us.
* You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.
* The best mathematical equation I have ever seen: 1 cross + 3 nails = 4 given.
* * *
As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper’s cemetery in the Kentucky backcountry. And, as I was unfamiliar with the backwoods, I got lost; and being a typical man, I did not stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw that the funeral director had evidently left, and the hearse was nowhere in sight.
There were only the diggers and crew left, and they were eating lunch. I felt bad and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down, and saw the vault lid was already in place. I didn’t know what else to do, so I started to play.
The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I had never played before for this homeless man. And as I played “Amazing Grace” the workers began to weep. They wept, and I wept; we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for the car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.
As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, “Sweet Mother of Jesus, I never seen nothin’ like that before, and I’ve been puttin’ in septic tanks for over twenty years.”
* * *
BE SPECIFIC IN WHAT YOU PRAY FOR…
There was a man been chased by a bear in the woods.. When he could’nt run no more he got on his knees and prayed to God to make the bear a christian…So The bear got on his knees and said..LORD BLESS THIS FOOD IM ABOUT TO EAT..
(These humor pieces, and many others, can be found on the E-Mail Ministry website – www.emailministry.org)
* * *
May God continue to bless you in ways you may not understand today – but will tomorrow.
Have a blessed day!
The ENTIRE Staff of E-Mail Ministry